Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gastric problems? No reflux but high back pain and a squeezed feeling around body

(8 Posts)
Cocolepew Mon 10-Nov-14 18:53:49

I have been getting a feeling like I'm being hugged very tightly just under my breasts. It can be incredibly sore and lasts for roughly 30 seconds. I also have pain between my shoulder blades and a 'pulse' in my right ribs, which I think maybe wind (?).

I have no belching or acid reflux.
I have Lupus and suffer from pleuritic pain in my right lung and thought the pain was that, but now I'm not sure it is.

I think I could have sjorgens as well, and I know that has some gastric issues associated with it.

Any ideas?

acrabadabra Mon 10-Nov-14 19:07:08

It sounds like the heartburn I suffered through my last pregnancy. Have you got any indigestion medication to see if that helps?

But, you should see a doctor soon anyway as it could be more sinister given the location of your pain.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cocolepew Mon 10-Nov-14 19:07:49

Some of the symptons tie in with gallbladder problems.
I think.
confused

Cocolepew Mon 10-Nov-14 19:09:05

Oh x post.
I'll try some medicine and see if it helps.
Thanks smile

PoppyWearer Mon 10-Nov-14 19:11:54

I was going to say gallstones. The pain from that goes up into back/shoulders.

Cocolepew Mon 10-Nov-14 19:14:28

I've started to get a weird feeling in my right ribs like a bumping/jumpy feeling. I think its happening after eating.
I really need to pay more attention blush

FabULouse Mon 10-Nov-14 19:18:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Cocolepew Mon 10-Nov-14 19:26:16

Is PEs pulmonary embolism? I have been in A&E with attacks of pleuritic pain and it has always been checked.
Now I'm beginning to think it might have been a gallbladder attack instead of pleurisy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now