Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Itchy head driving me mad

(8 Posts)
Orangeanddemons Mon 10-Nov-14 15:42:31

I have she horrid dermatitis. It itches like fuck. I've used alphosyl shampoo for ages which used to work, but now it doesn't. It has coal tar in it. Does this mean all coal tar products won't work?

I've tried Body Shop Ginger shampoo, but that made my hair really greasy, and I generally have dry hair. I've got Betnovate solution for flare ups, but seem to be using it a lot at the moment.

Nizarol shampoo works the best, but wrecks my hair. What on earth should I use?

Orangeanddemons Mon 10-Nov-14 15:43:34

It is horrid, but it should say sebhorric...iPad went mad...

magimedi Mon 10-Nov-14 15:47:47

Try using a shampoo with no Sodium Laurel Slulphate in it.

Or the Klorane range - www.klorane.co.uk/hair/

It is more expensive but a little goes a long way.

John Lewis usually have it, or if you are in London, the Long Acre pharmacy, in Long Acre certainly do. And the shop is amazing - stuff in there I haven't seen in years!

imalostcause Mon 10-Nov-14 19:13:17

I think I've seen something called Selsun mentioned before, it had something similar to Nizoral in it, that kills yeasts that contribute to the itching.

Myamya Mon 10-Nov-14 20:34:48

I have SLS issues too I think, been loads better since I switched to an SLS free one!

Salcura derma spray is good for itching and works on scalps, in the meantime!

imalostcause Mon 10-Nov-14 22:05:57

This is the Selsun shampoo

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/brands/selsun/bnd-394?utmsource=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=selsun%20shampoo&utm_campaign=Search+%7C+Embarrassing+%7C+Brands+%7C+Dandruff&utm_content=swda78xv2|dt_pcrid_45720068212_kword_selsun%20shampoo_match_e_plid

I don't know if it is as bad for your hair as nizoral though.

holidayseeker Wed 12-Nov-14 00:37:35

Dh gets a really itchy scalp from psoriasis which gets worse in winter. I buy him lush soak and float shampoo bar and this works for him every time.

McFox Wed 12-Nov-14 00:55:32

Nioxin has worked wonders for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now