Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What could this be? *picture*

(4 Posts)
Bambooshoots14 Sat 08-Nov-14 23:13:14

I posted a few weeks ago thinking I had tonsillitis (tonsils previously taken out) and I subsequently went to the doctors and got antibiotics. It never really cleared up but when I took my son to doctors this week asked doctor to look in my throat as still sore but not Ill. She said there's nothing I can do as its just because I'm run down. It's very sore and I think it's getting worse. I'm worried it might be cancer something serious. Am I being a hypochondriac?

FelicityBennett Sun 09-Nov-14 14:25:08

It's difficult to see clearly on the picture . Could be thrush ? But if you have a persistent sore throat you must go back to the GP . You may need a referral to ENT if there is no clear reason especially if it is constantly sore throughout day. Any allergic symptoms- I used to get a sore throat when I had allergies.

jalopy Sun 09-Nov-14 16:52:38

It does look a bit like thrush. Your tongue looks white coated too. Probably from being run down and on antibiotics too.

Worth getting it checked properly though. In the meantime, you could ask a pharmacist their opinion. Perhaps it's worth trying over-the-counter oral anti fungal treatment to see if your throat improves.

Bambooshoots14 Tue 11-Nov-14 12:08:01

Thank you. It's less the White I'm worried about but more the lumps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now