Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Woke up with eye-socket pain on right side out of the blue? Any ideas?

(10 Posts)

Sinuses maybe?

I've had sinus infections before but I tend to feel them in my forehead and feel pressure if I bend down.

This is just one side of my face, hurts when I blink and I can intensify the pain by just shutting my right eye. It feels like a constant dull ache otherwise, like I've taken a blow to the eye-socket somehow...but I haven't!

Bump for the evening crowd...?

Primrose123 Sat 08-Nov-14 18:36:20

Migraine?

Any other symptoms? Flashing lights, nausea?

WhereAmIGoing Sat 08-Nov-14 18:37:41

Yep I was also thinking migraine, ESP if only on one side of the head.

DwellsUndertheSink Sat 08-Nov-14 18:40:59

could it be as simple as early stages of conjunctivitis?

Thanks for replies! thanks

I've never had a migraine before! Are they something which can start in your 30's?

I'm not sure Dwells as I've never had that, either, although the eye itself doesn't hurt or itch at all. Would it with conjunctivitis?

It sounds silly but I'm not sure if it's something to bother the GP with! I s'pose if it's the same Monday I'll ring.

Sorry, no other symptoms like flashing lights/nausea. I've felt a bit weird and spacey all day, though.

ibelieveinangels Sun 09-Nov-14 12:20:29

I had this a few weeks ago, I did have a one sided pain in the head on and off,and a dull throbbing pain which felt like it was my eyeball. I do get sinus but never had in my eye before. My nose also felt like it was sore inside and I did feel congested, so I put it down to that. Has completely gone now.

Thanks, ibelieve...it doesn't feel as bad today, (or I'm getting used to it) confused. It hurts to touch my face and also have weird one-sided head pain accompanying it today. Maybe it's a weird virus or something, because I've felt run down and tired last two days with it. In any case unless it gets more severe I think I'll just let it run its course. thanks

ibelieveinangels Sun 09-Nov-14 23:10:53

Saga, my face hurt to touch on one side. I felt run down and tired too, sounds like we have the same thing. Wish you better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now