Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Perfectil/wellwoman original or anything to help with hair loss

(12 Posts)
Holidayhead Fri 07-Nov-14 21:54:15

My hair is thinning, doctor says I'm slightly aneamic. I have changed diet to include more iron laden foods but still the plug hole is full. When I run my fingers through my hair there is always lots of loss and my clothes are full of strands.
I've looked into many solutions such as perfectil or wellwoman original plus some own shop multi vitamins.
Has anyone any experience of taking these vitamins?
I have tried nourkrin but wasn't successful plus it's very expensive.

Behoove Fri 07-Nov-14 22:00:42

It can take six months for your extra iron to make a difference, same for the supplements. This is because hair grows in cycles.
Over in Style and Beauty there was a long thread about supplements recently. I'll have a look see if I can find it for you.

Holidayhead Fri 07-Nov-14 22:04:29

Oh thank you. Off to sleep now as I am exhausted today. Lots of walking to and from schools.

TexanKenDoll Fri 07-Nov-14 22:05:40

PK4 from Phillip Kingsley has worked very very well for me.

Behoove Fri 07-Nov-14 22:16:05

Sorry Holiday, I couldn't find it.

I take Biotin and Viviscal which I think is now taking some affect.

Lushlush Sat 08-Nov-14 09:14:39

Save the money just eat raw jelly once or twice a week in a few weeks you will really notice the difference!

I complained abouot my nails to the practice nurse she suggested jelly and she was right. It does wonders for the hair too!

Holidayhead Sat 08-Nov-14 10:57:32

Wow lush lush, I'm off to look in my cupboards!
So hopefully see results in time for new year?

Lushlush Sat 08-Nov-14 17:02:57

Well it's cheaper than special supplements!

I was eating two jelly packets a week but my toenails got so strong it was hard to cut them, but you might wish to start with two packets then go onto one for maintenance.

Hopefully hair will thicken out nicely too.

mausmaus Sat 08-Nov-14 17:06:06

has you gp tested you thyroid levels?

Holidayhead Sat 08-Nov-14 22:26:45

Hi mausmaus, yes, thyroid levels fine. Just slight anemia.
Lushlush, shpuld I eat a few cubes a day? Didn't get round to buying any today, only had quickjel at home.

Lushlush Sun 09-Nov-14 06:53:25

I eat the whole packet one day a week but see if you can stand it, maybe a few cubes daily would be easier yes.

Naana Sat 05-Aug-17 10:21:40

Hi
I really want to know if perfectil original and wellwoman original can be taken together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now