Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

IBS Anxiety circle

(1 Post)
Edith29 Fri 07-Nov-14 13:35:22

Hello all.
I have just been diagnosed with IBS (although they still want me to have a colonoscopy to make sure it is nothing more serious). I have this I think for years but as I find it really embarrassing talking to the doctors about excess wind, diorrhea etc, I have only just plucked up the courage to go and see someone. I can cope with the loo visits as have got used to them but what I am struggling with is the awful nausea I feel for most of the morning and the anxiety it is giving me. The IBS / Anxiety is such a vicious circle that I am struggling to break. I know if I could relax a bit the IBS would settle but the nausea is just draining and stressing me. I am at the point where I just dont want to go anywhere (have been a little prone to anxiety at times anyway so this is just exasperating it) and all I seem to think about is my stomach and how sick I am feeling. (Am never actually sick). I am also in the vicious cycle of feeling too sick to want to eat then sick from hunger. I am just looking to chat to someone who understands. Thanks for reading this. Big hugs to anyone else going through it at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now