Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else ever felt like this?

(5 Posts)
mrstiggy Thu 06-Nov-14 22:18:42

This afternoon I have begun to feel so very strange. It feels like my ears are blocked up, the sides of my face feel a bit numb and I feel weak and a little dizzy. I have a strange noise in my head, not like an actual audible noise as such but you know if you are in a noisy room then it suddenly goes quiet and the silence is deafening? That sort of ringing. I don't have a headache but I feel sensitive to noise and movement. I've tried googling but as I don't have earache as such I'm not getting any info and I'm not thinking clearly enough to look properly. Anyone else had this? Am I likely to have a shocker of a cold or a bad headache or will it just pass?
(Sorry if it's garbled, I'm trying to make sense I promise!) smile

colafrosties Thu 06-Nov-14 22:44:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EBearhug Thu 06-Nov-14 22:50:05

I was thinking sinus. Probably is the onset of a cold - I get those sorts of symptoms before a cold comes on.

babyboomersrock Thu 06-Nov-14 22:50:44

I'd see the GP - the numbness and the fact that you feel "so very strange" means it would be better to have this checked out. Write the symptoms down, as you have here, so you remember to tell her/him everything.

mrstiggy Thu 06-Nov-14 23:13:43

Thanks guys, I was pondering on a cold, I've just usually had the sneezing/headache/sore throat versions before. I'll probably make an appointment in the morning if I'm the same or dont develop more 'cold' symptoms overnight as you advise baby just to be sure. The numbness is indeed unusual to me, it's like I've had anaesthetic that's worn off tbh, all my face now feels large and, well, numb. (Nothing swollen tho so I doubt it's a reaction to anything, I wouldn't ignore that!)
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now