Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

raised CRP levels

(4 Posts)
Flowerfae Thu 06-Nov-14 17:13:09

Hi, I had some blood tests a couple of weeks ago, and have had to have a repeat test done due to raised levels of CRP. The nurse told me it was due to inflammation somewhere in the body and I was asked if I had injured myself (which I haven't) or if I had a infection (not sure on that one because I had hot flushes a couple of weeks ago but no other symptoms) but I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with chronic migraine, and was just wondering if that could cause CRP levels to be raised?

Captainbarnacles1101 Thu 06-Nov-14 17:18:54

Crp indicated infection. Migraine wouldn't do it. It should be less than 5 what was yours. If it was just a little raised that could be a wee uti cold wtc

Captainbarnacles1101 Thu 06-Nov-14 17:19:26

Sorry posted too soon. Meant to ask dos she say ur white cells were raised too?

Flowerfae Thu 06-Nov-14 17:29:53

Thanks for the reply smile she didn't mention white cell count or what level it was, she just said it was due to inflammation. If its raised again when the results come back I'll ask what the levels are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now