Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

breast lump plus nodes

(4 Posts)
GeraldineFangedVagine Thu 06-Nov-14 14:15:55

So. I went to the gp as have painless enlarged nodes in neck and axilla. She did loads of bloods as i have bad ibs too. The blood tests came back normal but she found a large lump in my breast and has referred me urgently. She is worried as i have no infection markers but swollen nodes. My mum had breast ca and im terrified. I knew i had a lump but i didnt mention it as i feel like a hypercondriach. Very worried.

Marshy Fri 07-Nov-14 16:22:33

Hi Geraldine
sorry to hear you are going through this worry. If its any comfort, most breast lumps are benign and even when they're not, these days there are very effective treatments.
Waiting to find out is probably the hardest thing. If you want some hand holding from ladies who know what it's like, pop over to the tamoxigang thread - lots of great info and support there.
Fingers crossed for you.

GeraldineFangedVagine Fri 07-Nov-14 19:39:30

Thanks for your message, very kind. I know statistically its likely to be nothing but i cant help but think the worst. Hopefully my appt will come soon. Nodes are going up and down every three weeks or so, i suppose thats a positive.

GeraldineFangedVagine Sun 09-Nov-14 07:38:54

Today I have 2 more swollen lymph nodes. Anyone know anything about nodes in relation to BC? Can they go up and down or tend to be fixed? Ty in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now