Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pmt headache every month?

(3 Posts)
Kittykat7 Thu 06-Nov-14 10:24:20

I always get a bad headache that's like a migraine but not quite so bad. I get it the day before or day 1 of my period. I realise it's hormonal so not sure if there is anything that can help. I can't take the pill & don't need to anyway as DH has had the snip. I had one acupuncture session for stress but I have just injured my back at work so I couldn't make my next appt. Would acupuncture maybe help with this? Are there any herbal remedies? I suffer with depression so I am on medication. I'm seeing my Dr on Mon so I'll see what he suggests.

PinkSparklyElephant Thu 06-Nov-14 10:41:17

I am on the pill and still get monthly headaches. I don't know if acupuncture would help (I'm too needle phobic to even consider it) but the only thing I've found that helps mine is Anadin Extra.

Kittykat7 Thu 06-Nov-14 14:02:33

Thanks PinkSparkyElephant. I take Panedeine extra that we can buy OTC in Australia which has 15mg codeine. Usually it works within 20 mins but I've had this one all day.
The Dr that did my acupuncture used a laser probe instead of needles. I've heard acupuncture is good for PMS & headaches so I'll give it a go as I think you need a few sessions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now