Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long after carpal tunnel surgery did it take to...

(3 Posts)
WineAndChocolateyummy Thu 06-Nov-14 09:24:07

get back to normal?

It is now four weeks since I had surgery on my left hand. Anything involving use of my thumb hurts. I would say I have full mobility of hand, but not strength by any means. I now realise how little info I was given about when I could start doing things again. Even though I have been driving for two weeks (not much either) I can't really do the handbrake with left hand to full "on" and if I don't position my hand carefully, gear changes can be uncomfortable.

I am right handed and due to have my right hand done and some point in the new year and am not looking forward to coping with that.

CMOTDibbler Thu 06-Nov-14 09:37:48

Its going to depend on how bad your carpal tunnel was before surgery - if it was severe and long standing, then your muscles and nerves are going to be doing a lot of recovery.

What sort of pain is it? A burning pain, pain around the incision, muscular pain etc?

WineAndChocolateyummy Thu 06-Nov-14 14:54:31

I didn't have muscle wastage before surgery. My thumb muscle hurts and I get a bit of incision pain and the odd stabbing pain in wrist. No burning pain though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now