Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Oral Thrush - HELP

(1 Post)
mrsfandango Thu 06-Nov-14 09:06:03

Hi, I've been breastfeeding for 6 months without an issue. I noticed a white spot in my sons mouth and took him to the doctors. I was given bicarbonate water to swab his mouth out with. I wasn't feeling any pain then and was told I didn't need to treat myself. A few days later it really started to hurt when feeding. I went back to the doctors and was given Daktarin gel for his mouth and for my nipples. I've been doing that for 4 days now. Swabbing his mouth after every feed except at night and rubbing daktarin 3 times a day in his mouth. I swab my nipples every feed during the day and apply darkatrin. I've also started taking Grapefruit seed extract in water (25 drops) three times a day. I wash my bras and breastpads every day on high with a disinfectant in. Is there anything else I could do. The pain doesn't feel as bad unless I'm getting used to it but it still really hurts. Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now