Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

antibiotics causing nightmares?

(5 Posts)
boobyooby Wed 05-Nov-14 14:13:35

Have been put on a short 3 day course of antibiotics for Cystitis called Trimethoprim from yesterday but have had the most horrendous dreams. Took one tablet (only twice a day) as soon as I got my prescription yesterday and went to bed, woke up at 2pm having had a nightmare and felt really scared.

Woke up again this morning around 2am after another horrible dream, was convinced someone was in the house downstairs and we had to get into the loft to hide (sort of the theme of the dream I had been having). I was too scared to leave my bedroom so lay in bed listening to noises until 5am.

I'm back in bed now, have spent all morning in bed bar having breakfast, dozing, sleeping or just lying here but I keep getting horrible scary thoughts and feelings again, don't want to go downstairs with my duvet as feel safer here. Very close to tears and feeling scared.

Has anyone else every experienced anything like this? Is there anything I can do to help myself?

Footle Thu 06-Nov-14 07:21:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

boobyooby Thu 06-Nov-14 13:56:22

Hi, thanks for the reply but there was no leaflet in the box so had to google - it's a no.

The doctor that prescribed them is away until tomorrow, the receptionist suggested I stop taking them until my appointment tomorrow hmm. I decided to carry on as I only have 2 a day to take and only had weird dreams last night ... hopefully my results will be back in tomorrow so I can have more specific antibiotics and I'm still not feeling right sorryformyself

Footle Thu 06-Nov-14 15:14:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

boobyooby Sat 08-Nov-14 21:27:29

Thanks Footle, have had antibiotics changed, no nightmares and feeling much better already too! They have also put a note on my records so hopefully I won't experience again anytime soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now