Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tingling in leg and arm with nausea/dizzy spells - any idea what could be these odd symptoms?

(7 Posts)
hudyerwheesht Mon 03-Nov-14 17:25:23

Obviously I'm aware MN is not a substitute for going to a GP but wondered if anyone could shed some light on my DH's odd symptoms?

He has been to the GP and is awaiting to blood tests but we are both getting worried and his googling his symptoms has brought up MS, amongst other things though there was no mentioned by the GP.

penguinthermometer Mon 03-Nov-14 17:26:53

Atypical migraine can cause this, and my sister had similar symptoms from vitamin B12 deficiency.

hudyerwheesht Mon 03-Nov-14 17:35:23

Yes, he's read about a possible b12 deficiency, for some reason he doesn't think that's a likely cause (because he takes multivitamins).

penguinthermometer Mon 03-Nov-14 17:44:09

Has he got any history of migraine or family history?

hudyerwheesht Mon 03-Nov-14 17:48:26

No, never. I just read up on it though and it seems too short-lived; he has had these symptoms for a few weeks now.

penguinthermometer Mon 03-Nov-14 17:56:01

I'm not a GP so hope someone else who is can help! What about anxiety? I think that can also cause similar symptoms?

hudyerwheesht Mon 03-Nov-14 20:04:05

That's ok, penguin, thanks for answering. I may repost in Chat for the traffic.

He doesn't really have any anxiety but is under a lot of work stresses so who knows...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now