Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lletz treatment for CIN2

(6 Posts)
rainbowkids Sun 02-Nov-14 11:46:28

Hi. I was hoping someone could give me advice please? 2 weeks ago I had Lletz treatment (in UK) for CIN2 and quite a large area was treated. I've been told no bathing, swimming, heavy lifting, riding bicycle, exercise for 4 weeks and no sex for 6 weeks. I'm still bleeding and needing to wear a sanitary towel as it's not light bleeding and I find if I've been quite busy during the day then I tend to have pain and heavier bleeding. I'm eager to start doing more but worried it'll set me back. Can anyone please tell me their experience with this recovery. Thank you x

donkir Sun 02-Nov-14 11:55:26

I've had several treatments for CIN3 cells and my advice would be to rest as much as possible I know this can be hard especially if you have little ones.
I did too much after my first treatment (went on hen night in Brighton) it was a big mistake and I spent a week in a lot of pain.
Mine was 7yrs ago and I'm afraid I can't remember how much bleeding I had sorry.
I hope you feel better soon thanks

rainbowkids Sun 02-Nov-14 12:01:55

Thank you. It's so frustrating grrrr. I've not gone to work yet. Although I am only bank night care assistant. But I felt that it wouldn't be good for me as there's lifting involved and it's a busy shift. Think I'll need to stop been stubborn and wait to heal x

rainbowkids Sun 02-Nov-14 18:01:16

Bump

holidayseeker Mon 03-Nov-14 00:31:56

I have had lletz twice and I know that the second time I rested for a few days after like previous poster suggested and this definitely helped my body recover quicker.

rainbowkids Mon 03-Nov-14 07:03:52

Thank you ladies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now