Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2nd degree burns on fingertips

(3 Posts)
DameEdnaBeverage Sun 02-Nov-14 10:38:46

I stupidly took a baking tray out of the oven using a thin tea towel and burnt my fingers yesterday. I put them under a running tap but they were still painful when I went to bed.

Today 2 finger tips have blisters on them. I know not to burst them but am worried about using them constantly on the keyboard at work tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to avoid them bursting? If they do burst should I be covering them up? Any advice would be appreciated.

EmNetta Sun 02-Nov-14 13:04:50

I keep a small aloe vera plant in the kitchen for burns like this, although it's probably too late to help now. I'd call in sick tomorrow, as keyboard would be too painful, and meantime, try to rest hands.
Sorry this isn't very useful, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon, but here are some thanks to make you feel better.

DameEdnaBeverage Sun 02-Nov-14 13:16:40

Thanks EmNetta smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now