Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vomit on Tues then loss of appetite all week - doctor?

(7 Posts)
WinifredBanks Sat 01-Nov-14 20:11:26

DD (6) was violently sick on Tues night, and, although she hasn't vomited again since then, and does not have a temperature, she has not regained her normally healthy appetite, and says that her tummy still feels funny. Is this normal after a tummy bug, or would you go to the doc's?

noblegiraffe Sat 01-Nov-14 20:18:33

Is she eating anything? I think it's normal to take a while to get back up to full meals after a tummy bug. Lucozade sport is good for energy while not eating much.

Oldieandgoldie Sat 01-Nov-14 20:19:04

I think it's probably just a bug. I had fairly mild D&V a couple of weeks ago, but it still took me ten days to even start feeling anything like normal. I felt very fuzzy and faint too. I could just about manage to eat a couple of fish fingers or scrambled egg, but there's no way I could've cooked them myself, or washed up. Thank goodness for DH!

Hope she's Ok.

callamia Sat 01-Nov-14 20:23:58

It took my DS (1y) five days to start watching anything more than a couple of mouthfuls. He'd been sick for half a day, and slightly sad bottom the next day.

Once he started eating again (interestingly, he was at nursery), he then ate everything in sight for the rest of the week.

WinifredBanks Sat 01-Nov-14 20:29:14

Thank you all, it sounds like it's probably normal, but I'll keep a close eye on her. She's setting a tiny bit, but like a sparrow rather than her usual horse!

Tigresswoods Sat 01-Nov-14 20:30:56

Sounds like what DS had. We took him to the dr & they said he's just getting over an ear infection & is now constipated. We got some stuff to get him going again & he seems happier now.

Hope she gets well soon.

callamia Sat 01-Nov-14 20:39:45

We had an ear infection diagnosed too. It was a miserable week, but all the babies at nursery went through it and they all lost appetites afterwards - then regained them with a fury. Just when I thought he'd never eat again (my poor baby etc).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now