Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tips for my elderly Dad to apply cream where he can't reach!

(5 Posts)
minimoonumbertwo Thu 30-Oct-14 20:31:26

Oh lovely mumsnetters, my dad has a rash on his back & been given some cream to apply twice a day. The problem is he can't reach the area where the rash is. He has tried to fashion a contraption to apply it but ends up with most of the cream on the floor! He lives alone, does anyone have any bright ideas as to how he can apply it?!?! Thank you.

spudmasher Thu 30-Oct-14 20:35:15

My mum was given a stick with a removable washable flannel on the end. Very wasteful but did the job. She had to shove loads of the cream on the flannel by it was a strong stick thing so she could give it a good rub, but the cream did soak in so she used loads. But independence is so important.

spudmasher Thu 30-Oct-14 20:37:50

Didn't tell you where the stick was from!!!
www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/personal%20care/toiletry,-cosmetic-and-jewellery-applications-p/backbliss-lotion-%26-cream-applicator-0044734-400-information.htm

minimoonumbertwo Thu 30-Oct-14 21:09:50

Spudmasher thank you so very much, we have just ordered one!

spudmasher Thu 30-Oct-14 21:33:03

Hope your dad feels more comfortable very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now