Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this? Pressure on bladder/rectum/vagina (TMI!)

(9 Posts)
ConstantAcceleration Thu 30-Oct-14 12:40:34

I've noticed over the last 4 weeks or so that I seem to need the loo more frequently and urgently and can hold less urine. I also seem to feel some pressure on my rectum and vagina. It's almost like I'm pregnant, but I'm definitely not.
It may be unrelated but since a cold 4 weeks ago I have had different poos, more urgent and frequent and runny.

I've made an appointment with the doctor for Monday but I just wondered if anyone had any idea what this might be?

ConstantAcceleration Thu 30-Oct-14 15:59:49

Any help?

Thymeout Thu 30-Oct-14 18:54:35

Could be an ovarian cyst?

Good for you in getting it checked out.

ConstantAcceleration Thu 30-Oct-14 22:50:15

Thanks, I've looked up the symptoms and I only have one of several symptoms, however my mum had one when she was the same age I am now so am thinking it may be a possibility.

SageSeymour Thu 30-Oct-14 22:55:21

Sounds like a mild prolapse

agoodbook Thu 30-Oct-14 23:43:24

sounds like prolapse - if you coughed a lot with your cold , it may have brought it on -Get checked by doctor, there are all ways of dealing with it. There is a support group on FB which is very helpful ( closed group )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/184143085606/

ConstantAcceleration Fri 31-Oct-14 08:44:34

Oh blimey, a prolapse. Okay, thanks for the info, I'll go look into and hope for the best.

VikingLady Fri 31-Oct-14 08:54:17

If it is a prolapse they are generally fairly easy to deal with (if mild). I've had one, and medical staff have always been very sympathetic and matter-of-fact about it. It's very common!

ConstantAcceleration Fri 31-Oct-14 21:59:39

Thank you. It feels better today but I'm sure it will be back again. I've taken ibuprofen yesterday and today as it felt like swelling and I hoped it might help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now