Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR for verucas

(16 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Wed 29-Oct-14 19:08:01

I can't find the thread so if anyone can direct me to it that would fabulous.

But. Urgently, DH has been out to get apple cider vinegar as DD has two huge verrucas on her feet and I am keen to get rid.

He has returned with Aspall Organic Cyder vinegar. Now, is this apple cider vinegar? Who do I know? His theory is that it's cider, that's made from apples and unless it states otherwise cider is made from apples so it's the right stuff. I agree with his logic but don't want to stick this on DD's foot for several days if it's the wrong stuff.

Thank you smile

Happy36 Wed 29-Oct-14 19:09:33

No idea, sorry, we use it for hiccups(!) Hope you can find the answer. Good luck with the verrucas.

WowserBooooooooooooser Wed 29-Oct-14 19:11:48

This one?

Cataline Wed 29-Oct-14 19:13:23

I need to know the answer to this too! Just found a HUGE verruca on DS's foot. Also- what could I use if I don't have micropore tape?

WowserBooooooooooooser Wed 29-Oct-14 19:14:27

If you search for 'cyder' on the page - a poster says they have bought it. And then posts from the same poster say the verruca has gone black after 24 hours.

Maybe read the rest of the thread in case their foot fell off.

PavlovtheCat Wed 29-Oct-14 19:14:35

That's another question I need to know - I have micropore tape, but I am reading that it needs to be duct tape?!

LIZS Wed 29-Oct-14 19:15:10

I've been using Morrisons Cider Vinegar and it has had an effect, if that helps .

PavlovtheCat Wed 29-Oct-14 19:15:16

Fab wowser that's the one!

I am a bit worried it's gonna hurt her.

PavlovtheCat Wed 29-Oct-14 19:16:52

LIZS thanks, that is helpful to know. They are really black and big, so got to sort it out now. Only knew about one, but it's quite recent and appeared as a red lump for ages, then quickly went to black when I stuck bazooka on it, for a few weeks, and that did fuck all. I suffered with verrucas horrendously for years and years as a child, don't want her to suffer too.

PavlovtheCat Wed 29-Oct-14 19:17:34

I am little bit scared of going back to the thread. I am not sure I want to see the picture... grin but need to know how long to it for, and how many times/gaps in between etc.

AmpersandRea Wed 29-Oct-14 19:32:25

I've been using ACV on a patch of verrucas. Applied it nightly for about a week - cottonwool soaked in ACV, micropore to secure it. The verrucas went black quite quickly, and have now almost gone.
I have been cutting bits off as the ACV worked it magic ... soooooo satisfying grin
It was painful about 5 days in, so I stopped the cider vinegar treatment for a couple of nights.

PavlovtheCat Wed 29-Oct-14 20:14:30

ok. It's on one of them, to see how it goes. She is crying already as it's stinging. Given her some calpol, a cuddle and a chat about whether she wants it to stay for months and months with some pain from time to time, and annoying and possibly spreading, or a week or so of pain and them gone.

Not sure she is gonna last!

iwantgin Wed 29-Oct-14 20:30:48

I;ve bought that same one today!

Going to start it next week as am away over the weekend.

Good luck Dd of Pavlov!!

AmpersandRea Wed 29-Oct-14 20:47:32

Honestly Pavlov, it works like magic. How old is DD?
I've had these verrucas for years, and I'm so relieved to finally be rid of them.

PavlovtheCat Wed 29-Oct-14 20:58:50

Ampersand she is 8. She says it's eased off now, with some intermittent stinging shooting pain that makes her jump, but that's also almost stopped. I said we will keep it on for as long as we can, she has gone to bed but if it keeps her awake in the night I will take it off and put some germolene on it to stop it hurting, hopefully it would have done enough for the first night.

PavlovtheCat Sun 02-Nov-14 21:07:53

fucking hell. It is actually like magic. And. discovered that my DD has the same fascination with it as me. I left it for a day last night, as it was looking bait sore around the edges. So it dried out, has gone black and not sore.

So, I pulled some of the black bits out, and they came out and long roots. Ew, and cool! DD kept saying, when I went to stop 'try another couple mum, please? you are almost there!'

Need another two nights I think. Gonna go report back on the actual thread I read grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now