Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone with a Lupus diagnosis after a bone scan?

(13 Posts)
hashtagwhatever Tue 28-Oct-14 13:05:38

Under rheumatology and have been unwell for two years now. I do have a diagnosis of hashimoto thyroiditis but also some inflammation in hands and feet. Positive ana but so far negative on the other bloods.

I have now been referred for a bone scan and a test for raynauds using cold water.

Any experience greatfully received
Thank you in advance

hashtagwhatever Tue 28-Oct-14 18:46:25

Hopeful bump

hashtagwhatever Wed 29-Oct-14 20:01:03

Hopedlful last bump

CrashDiveOnMingoCity Thu 30-Oct-14 17:40:51

An isotope bone scan?

hashtagwhatever Thu 30-Oct-14 21:30:47

Yes, I'm sure that is what the rheumatologist said.

CrashDiveOnMingoCity Fri 31-Oct-14 08:15:40

It can't confirm Lupus (because, as may you know, SLE has a complex set of criteria due to it affecting so many parts of the body) but it will indicate any active inflammation in your joints.

hashtagwhatever Fri 31-Oct-14 12:36:56

Thank you. I'm not sure of the criteria rhuetology haven't said much.

I have positive ana low iron, folate and vitamin d. And inflammation of hands and feet seen on a ultrasound.

The bloods I had taken last were c3 c4 dna esa and some others.

CrashDiveOnMingoCity Fri 31-Oct-14 17:43:07

The thing to remember about Lupus is that it's sneaky, so you can have some symptoms and not the others. Best of luck.

When is your scan btw?

SunbathingCat Fri 31-Oct-14 17:51:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hashtagwhatever Fri 31-Oct-14 19:37:42

Thank you both for replying

My scan is booked for 18th nov.

My symptoms are nonspecific breathless, pain in joints bruised feeling in muscles, extreme tiredness. Frequent urination loose stools. Weight loss then gain mottled skin .cold hands and feet, pins and needles. Muscle twitches and most oddly is a vibration feeling I feel internally.

SunbathingCat Sun 02-Nov-14 20:02:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

magso Sun 02-Nov-14 20:27:08

I had to have Xrays of my hands and feet during investigations to check for SLE (due to a type of pneumonitis and raised ANA) - but that sounds different to a bone scan. With a low vit D perhaps they need to rule out early bone thinning. As I understand it, very low vit D can cause a range of symptoms, including muscle pain and general malaise. Hope your Dr gets you feeling better soon.

hashtagwhatever Sat 15-Nov-14 14:41:33

Thanks again for the replies. Since I last posted I have seen rhuetology again who have now said I haven't inflammation that the ultrasound showed fluid within my joints.

I've still low ferritin and vitamin d after being on ferrous sulphate for the last year so basically the positive ANA and pain general feeling unwell is down to my thyroid. Yet to have my scan but not holding my breath for anything to be seen.

I'm losing to the will to live feeling so awful everyday without any clear diagnosis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now