Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Need to offload

(3 Posts)
passedwitsend Thu 09-Oct-14 21:15:30

I don't know why I'm posting this, I just need to write it down. I finally went to the doctors today to get help for faecal incontinence. I went with a list of things, mostly minor, and I wasn't even sure I was going to mention the incontinence until I blurted it out. The doctor was lovely. I cried, I don't know why. Had to deal with a horrific lubed finger up the bum examination. She's referring me. I know there's much worse to come. I want to run away and hide. I've ignored the problem for 3 years, part of me wants to carry on ignoring it for ever. I'm feeling drained and scared. I've not even told my dh and I don't want to. Sorry for the stream of consciousness, I'm just scared about what comes next (she's referring me, not sure who to) and having to tell my dh at some point.

Taler Thu 09-Oct-14 21:42:24

Sorry to hear you have had this playing on your mind for such a long time. You must share this with your DH. If it were the other way around you'd want to know right? Let him be there for you.

As for what's to come, well at the moment you don't know and actually the 'not knowing' is the worse as it just allows your mind to go wandering and create all manner of images!

The chances are there will be a simple explanation for your problem. Most things are always worse in our minds than in reality.

You may not be in control of the 'what's to come' part, BUT you can take control of the here and now!

So talk to your DH. Share it with him. And in the meantime do some affirmations. They really help you to focus and remain positive. Don't forget we all have the control over how we deal with things so try to make conscious decisions to be positive.

Wishing you all the best

Wilf83 Thu 09-Oct-14 21:52:42

Please don't worry- there are millions if people that suffer from this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: