Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TMI - Sore Itchy labia

(11 Posts)
Organiccookies Tue 02-Sep-14 13:46:33


Since having sex on Saturday with my dp I woke up sore and by the end of the day the soreness had turned itchy. I had a miserable night waking because of it and got some cream yesterday which helped initially, but I have to reapply regularly. Noticed quite swollen labia too. No better today and I'm noticing burning heat feeling after applying the cream and red looking, still swollen labia. Trying desperately not to scratch.

I think the trigger was the strawberry durex condom we used Saturday night as that was the only thing different and we've not used them before.

Is it worth treating for thrush or anything?? Or is there no point if it was the condom? Shall I persevere with the cream or call the doctor? (I hate going to the dr)

Ugggg it's awful.


ilovepowerhoop Tue 02-Sep-14 14:33:21

you could try anti-histamines in case it is an allergic reaction. I would also treat for thrush so you could use a pessary (insert into vagina) or get a tablet that it taken orally.

Organiccookies Tue 02-Sep-14 18:13:03

Thank you dp is getting me some anti histamines now. I'm in so much pain it's really uncomfortable and sore. Just washed to get rid of cream to have a look and it's really red and looks a bit like it's been skinned around the edges! Could this be the cream making it worse? It was starting to burn every time I applied it.

Can I take paracetamol? Will that help?

I pushed a 10lb baby out of this thing and I swear that hurt less!

ilovepowerhoop Tue 02-Sep-14 18:20:45

what sort of cream is it?

BettyOff Tue 02-Sep-14 18:31:57

Wash with cool water only, take some antihistamines pop a sanitary towel with a bit of witch hazel on in the freezer for a bit and use it as a fanjo ice pack. If the skin isn't broken you can use a tiny bit of steroid cream like hydrocortisone but if the skin is broken you need to see the GP as you might need some antibiotics. Take paracetamol and ibuprofen and keep your knickers off as much as possible to allow it to heal in a non-moist environment.

Poor you! wine and flowers

Organiccookies Tue 02-Sep-14 19:36:40

Vagisil. Active ingredient is Lidocaine. Dp has brought me some more but I'm going to go without for now. Just taken a Benadryl fast acting thing. Hope it works. Thank you so much. Off to freeze a sanitary towel now, sadly no witch hazel.

gamerchick Tue 02-Sep-14 19:38:38

Just treat for thrush it's classic symptoms.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 02-Sep-14 19:39:04

If you think it is thrush related then an anti-fungal cream would be better than vagisil e.g. canesten

gamerchick Tue 02-Sep-14 19:42:05

Might be worth staying away from flavoured condoms and also certain lubes if those condoms set it off.. I learned that one the hard way.

Organiccookies Tue 02-Sep-14 19:57:31

Ok, am hanging out with no knickers on, still very sore but not itching, will get thrust stuff tomorrow. Definitely avoiding anything other than our usual condoms and lube from now on!

I love mumsnet smile x

BigPawsBrown Tue 02-Sep-14 20:32:44

Thrush can develop after sex especially with condoms. I would get a pessary and take the oral pill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now