Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Thrush and DH...

(7 Posts)
summersanta Fri 11-Jul-14 09:39:33

I have raging Thrush from antibiotics, currently using pessary and cream. My question is DH has some pain when urinating ~ he is circumsised can he get Thrush and could this be what it is for him? Any ideas re treatment - thanks...

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 11-Jul-14 11:16:05

Yes it can be passed on. You can get the tablet treatment from the GP.

gilbertysullivan Fri 11-Jul-14 11:42:35

You also need to avoid sex ( without a condom) until you are both clear or it will be passed back and forth.....

I think men are also advised to use cream like Canestan on their bit(s) too smile

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 11-Jul-14 12:26:03

Actually thinking about it, I don't even think you need to go to the GP. Just go the pharmacy and ask for Fluconazole tablets.

gilbertysullivan Fri 11-Jul-14 12:52:46

Boots do their own brand- around £9 for 1 tablet- but get Canestan too

summersanta Fri 11-Jul-14 21:02:52

Thanks all, wasn't sure about needing cream as no foreskin shock but am going to give him a tablet and I'm going to take one too!

PenelopeGarciasCrazyHair Fri 11-Jul-14 21:24:48

My dp was told by hiss GP that the cream is still better for men as it gets 'straight to the point', so if you have both it might be best if you both go belt & braces and use the tablet and the cream.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: