Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

lump on leg

(9 Posts)
squirmyworm Sat 27-Mar-04 11:46:30

god I am sounding like a one woman crisis at the mo....

ds now has large (large!) egg shaped lump at site of his 3rd dtp - should I worry? what can I do? he seems ok in himself - a bit grumpy but I have assumed that to be teething....

twiglett Sat 27-Mar-04 12:31:58

message withdrawn

squirmyworm Sat 27-Mar-04 12:33:41

not that I recall - re aftercare

it was monday - thing that bothers me is that it's so big....

hercules Sat 27-Mar-04 12:34:06

My dd had a lump like this after vaccination for a couple of weeks.

hercules Sat 27-Mar-04 12:34:40

DDs was really big and hard too.

Jimjams Sat 27-Mar-04 12:34:52

might be worth ringing nhs direct. There is a reaction you can get a vax sites (dtp in particular I think) which comes up like this and needs treatment. But my memory of the details is hazy. I think this is the sort of thing they should be able to advise on.

coppertop Sat 27-Mar-04 12:38:01

I think they recommend seeing someone if the lump is as big as/bigger than a 10p piece but I'm not certain. Is the lump bigger than that?

nutcracker Sat 27-Mar-04 12:58:38

My ds had an enormous lump after his. It was very bruised and painful too and i was horrified. Luckily my mom was with me ehwn i first saw it and told me that my brother had one once too and it was nothing to worry about.
It lasted for about 4 weeks befroe it completly dissapeared.

squirmyworm Sat 27-Mar-04 14:13:14

yes it's bigger than a 10p - and he's really grizzly. have tried NHS direct but can't bl**dy get through. I'm thinking 'what have I done' re vax....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: