Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Miscarriage or Metronidazole?

(6 Posts)
Monten Sun 15-Jun-14 20:23:50

Hi everyone - I am usually to be found on the antenatal results and choices or miscarriage threads - lucky me.

But I have a question for the general Mumsnet world. Has anyone experienced depression and tearfulness on the antibiotic Metronizadole? I had an Erpc after a missed miscarriage on Monday and was prescribed this on Friday after a suspected infection. Since then I have felt awful: tired, sick, vacant and very very sad. Now I know I'm also sad generally ( what with the miscarriage) but I feel very very bleak and hopeless in a way that is not normal for me.

Would appreciate anyone else's experiences. At the moment I just want to stop taking it, I don't even think I have a bloody infection (no pun intended)

Verynovicegardener Sun 15-Jun-14 22:15:43

So sorry you have been through this.
There was another thread this week that Incommented on as I have just finished a course of metronidazole. Felt dreadful on it.
Having said that it has sorted my infection, so worth it.
Really hope u feel better soon.

Monten Sun 15-Jun-14 23:04:44

Thanks for the response very what a coincidence. It's horrible isn't it? Feel very spacey and not like myself. I probably should persevere though. Thank you

weegiemum Sun 15-Jun-14 23:09:13

So sorry to hear this sad

Metronidazole is a nasty, powerful antibiotic, but very good at what it does (I've taken it twice, once for amoebic dysentery and once for a piece of retained placenta).

It can make you feel pretty ill (and definitely avoid alcohol <voice of experience>) but if you need it ..

I hope you feel a bit healthier and have better news soon x

Noggie Sun 15-Jun-14 23:27:09

It is strong stuff- I found taking it with lots of food and drink helped. X

Monten Sun 15-Jun-14 23:43:51

Thanks both. Had that awful taste in my mouth today too. Did it make you teary? Maybe I am just sad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now