Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TMI but I don't have a mum to ask...

(11 Posts)
AreYouFeelingLucky Sat 03-May-14 11:26:05

I had slightly rough sex with my partner on Tues night.

On Weds I did a huge amount of walking and noticed occasional pain in the groin.

Thurs morning it was still there, and and I found a small lump on my labia. It It looks like a spot but feels like a lump.

I've been putting savlon healing cream on it at night but it's getting really painful to sit down!

I'm fairly sure it's not an STD. We have been together for years & use condoms.

Any advice? Ouch!

Littlefish Sat 03-May-14 11:33:11

It sounds like a blocked pore, or a cyst. There have been a few threads about labial cysts recently. Definitely keep and eye on it as they can get very, very painful. You may well need antibiotics to get rid of it. Can you make an appointment at the GP if it's no better by Monday?

helzapoppin2 Sat 03-May-14 18:40:28

There's a gland called a Bartholins gland which sometimes becomes blocked. It could be that. It can get quite swollen and painful.
I had it, and I had to see the doctor.

AreYouFeelingLucky Sat 03-May-14 20:05:22

I think I'll need to do the same. I was hoping to see someone on Tuesday but I work quite far from the doctor and they don't know if they'll have any appointments.

It doesn't look like anything, really. A small cut, or a spot, or some slight swelling... But not really anything.

It's in the tight place for a Bartholins cyst, though.

Is there anything I can do to ease it?

Thanks for the replies, by the way. I was dreading having to ask my boyfriends mum.

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Sat 03-May-14 20:08:18

hot baths and a trip to the GP next week, I ended up having a bartholins cyst last year had to go to hospital.

Beanymonster Sat 03-May-14 20:21:22

I'd skip the savlon.. That sounds like it would be horrid and sting!!
To the doctors with thee..

helzapoppin2 Sat 03-May-14 20:51:13

Hi, me again! The Bartholins glands are situated either side of the vaginal opening. They can flare up, and then go down. What's happening is they aren't draining and so swell up.
Since it's painful and possibly infected, I would push for an appointment on Tuesday.

bonzo77 Sat 03-May-14 21:00:17

If you are in England you can call 111. They may get you an earlier appointment at OOH gp.

bluntasabullet Sat 03-May-14 22:42:05

Try and have a good look with a torch and mirror and see what you see.

Don't put anything on it for now.

Have a warm bath and gently try and massage it between finger and thumb.

Book an appointment with the GP for this week :-)


Friedbrain Sun 04-May-14 00:25:31

don't use savlon

Try sudocrem

AreYouFeelingLucky Sun 04-May-14 12:47:05

Thank you - I'll give all of these suggestions a try, and if it's not better by tonight, I'll call 111 tomorrow.

I'm hoping to avoid that because it seems a bit mortifying!

Thank you all again. Much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now