Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stomach ulcers?

(2 Posts)
MsMarvel Tue 22-Apr-14 16:18:29

Can they be hereditary?

I've always had a sensitive stomach, am sick easily etc, over the last few years it's got worse. I can't really have rich foods anymore without vomiting a few hours later. Same with anything like caffeine etc.

If I eat too much, or have a few drinks or something I get a burning feeling in my throat and towards my stomach which I'm assuming is indigestion?

I've started to think it was a milk allergy it something along those lines, and posted a thread about that. However on that thread someone suggested that it could be something like a stomach ulcer, because there wasn't necessarily a link to specific fairy products, just that stuff like melted cheese (but not in-melted cheese...?) and carbonara are total no nos now, I would be vomiting a few hours later. So it could be rich foods rather than specifically dairy.

The reason that I'm more convinced about it being something like a stomach ulcer is that my dad and uncle both have one. But can they even be hereditary? I have a doctors appointment on Monday, so what sort of tests etc can I expect?

Wobblypig Tue 22-Apr-14 23:46:30

High fat foods tend to trigger gallstone pain and vomiting and relieve ulcer pain. I would suggest an ultrasound , trial of omeprazole , testing for helicon scatter pylori and if you are over 40 , a gastroscope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now