Small moles suddenly appeared under boobs?

(12 Posts)
LongTailedTit Tue 08-Apr-14 12:56:55

Hello, I wondered if anyone knows why this might be?
I'm 36wks preg, and have just noticed lots of v small light brown moles have appeared on the underside of my boobs - seems odd? I'm wondering if this is some sort of skin tag, or if I should see my doc?
There are two tiny ones on my bra-band area too, so I was thinking they might be caused by pregnancy boob sweatiness?

They're all v small, 0.5-2mm, but are raised brown bumps. Approx 4 under righty, and 6 under lefty. Firmer texture than my skin, but not dry or itchy, they just look like raised freckles, but I can feel them v easily if I run a finger over.

I'm quite freckly (dark hair/eyes, pale but slightly olive skinned), but only have 3 other raised moles on my body in total, so this is a bit odd.

Worth a docs appt do you think? confused

OP’s posts: |
sausagefortea Tue 08-Apr-14 13:13:01

Sounds similar to what I have around the boob area, although mine are mostly reddish looking. Can't remember whether it was during pg or in the years after. I asked the dr at a routine appt and she said it was normal and due to increasing age and hormones (I'm early 40s).

LongTailedTit Tue 08-Apr-14 13:16:54

Ah, interesting! Thanks for replying thanks
I know they weren't there 6 months ago, but I did BF DS for 2yrs so they're not what they once were anyway!

RoganJosh Tue 08-Apr-14 13:25:49

I had this in pregnancy. They seem to have gone now.

LongTailedTit Tue 08-Apr-14 20:03:28

Ooh so it could be preg related! Hmmm, that makes sense to me - it's just such a weird place to suddenly develop moles, it's not like the underside of my boobs ever sees daylight!
Thanks Rogan

I've booked a GP appt anyway just to be on the safe side, plus I'd love them to check my ears at the same time (so blocked up its ridiculous - I burst both eardrums at the same time last year and they've never really mended) so it won't be a wasted appointment.

Thank you! brew all round

tannyLoo Sat 12-Apr-14 09:31:29

I have tons of them! Yes, they started appearing when I was pg 15 years ago and gradually increased in number. I got a load more when pg with no2 but definitely also got some in between. Hormones and age were the cause of mine. I probably have about 40 of the pesky things, but they don't seem to change or grow.

I'm sure your GP will offer reassurance.

FobblyWoof Sat 12-Apr-14 09:56:00

I, for reasons unknown, automatically assumed from the title that you meant the animal! the mental picture I got was...interesting grin

Advertisement

tannyLoo Sat 12-Apr-14 10:06:02

Fobbly thanks for the image! Will be checking under mine just in case grin

LongTailedTit Sat 12-Apr-14 12:33:26

Ha! grin Interesting.......and muddy. smile

I saw the doc this morning and all is fine, he said they're not really moles, more likely to be either hormonally induced skin changes that'll disappear/reduce after pregnancy, or possibly some sort of wart virus. Either way, nothing to worry about. Obv to go back if they develop into something interesting.
He was interested that I have so many cafe au lait spots and other weird skin colouration too, thought the boob bumps might be related to that.

Nothing doing with my ears either, basically got to wait til I can take antihistamines again (can't while BFing iirc), or try nasal steroid sprays again. Ah well, I'll be cloth eared for the foreseeable future then!

lynniep Sat 12-Apr-14 12:46:32

yes, skin tags, although good you've had them checked. I would go with ' hormonally induced skin changes'!
Both times I was pregnant I erupted in skin tags. Lots of them on pressure areas (like straps and knicker elastic region and necklace line) and some like you randomly under the boobs. All gone now.

LongTailedTit Sat 12-Apr-14 16:34:55

Good to know that they might completely disappear, thanks!
My mum has skin tags, but hers are long rather than flat so I didn't think these were the same, but they would make the most sense.

Aaah, isn't pregnancy glamourous....... smile

NannyNae Sun 21-Jun-20 04:01:21

Just googled this same topic, but i am not w/child lol anymore. Older 47, and just noticed several new small moes. Quite odd, I've had tag moes in the past and some freckles. But never seen these many new moes in a specific area. (under bra line)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in