Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help, what is going on?

(2 Posts)
Sky1964 Sat 05-Apr-14 12:33:06

This is my first post, and at the moment, I feel like I'm going mad. The back of my neck has been hot and itchy for a couple of weeks, at first I thought it was a allergic reaction to something, then I started googling, and as I'm 49, I wondered if it was a peri memo thing.

Then I realised my 10 yr old recently had bad case of nits, I feel so stupid, so I've just run a nit comb through my hair, and there are some dark dots when iclean it against a tissue, the dots look a bit smaller then my daughters.

My period is due, I feel like screaming and crying, I have long hair, that I regularly dye with Surya henna. Has anyone else out there had experience of henna and nit lotions?

I'm worried my husband won't have the patience to comb through my hair with a nit comb. Does anyone know a sure way of confirming you have nits, I just can't face going through all that if I don't have nits.

I would be so grateful for any advice! Feel bad this is my first post with such a selfish plea.

Arohaitis Sat 05-Apr-14 12:43:39

OK could well be nits (although friend of mine (cough) had more generalised itching

she (cough) used conditioner and nit combed with the conditioner in, sure enough she saw nits (I gather the conditioner helps stop them sticking so they comb out better)

your husband doesn't need to do it you can do it yourself in the shower

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now