Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had breathing problems after a septoplasty?

(1 Post)
LizzieMint Tue 01-Apr-14 21:21:37

I had a very very deviated septum which almost completely blocked one nostril and was corrected in a septoplasty about 9 years ago.
Because it had been so wonky inside, my nose had grown wonky, so now the septum is straight, it almost completely blocks the OTHER nostril from the one that was originally blocked. I told the doctor this at my follow-up appt after the op, but I was already pg so he advised waiting until after the baby to see if my breathing improves.
Fast forward 9 years and a few more babies and it's just about now got to a stage where I could contemplate getting something done about it (babies aren't reliant on me any more, so I could go into hosp if needs be). And yet i can't bring myself to make an appointment! I don't really know why. I think that they might think I'm being silly about it given that it's taken me so long to do anything about it - clearly I can breathe even if only out of one side, it mostly bothers me at night. I don't know what they would be able to do, if anything, to fix it. I think I just need a kick up the bum really! Has anyone had anything like this happen and had it fixed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now