Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Frequent diarrhoea and breaking wind a lot, feeling ill. What is it? (TMI)

(7 Posts)
crushedintherush Tue 01-Apr-14 18:58:23

Hi, can somebody help with this?

Dh has had diarrhoea now for a few weeks. He has been eating the same as me, so not sure whats causing it.

When he's not on the toilet, he is breaking wind a lot, though not always smelly. A week or so ago, during the night he had a small accident in the bed after breaking wind, and said he was ill during last night too.

He feels things have got worse since taking a Diacalm a few days ago, making him feel bloated.

He came home from work today and took himself off to bed, saying he is tired and not so good.

What could it be? (sorry if TMI).

LoveVintage Tue 01-Apr-14 18:59:56

The only way to find out properly and without speculation, is for him to make a doctors appointment without delay.

3littlefrogs Tue 01-Apr-14 19:05:45

Google Giardia Lamblia.

3littlefrogs Tue 01-Apr-14 19:06:34

Also - he needs to take a stool sample to GP to go to the lab.

crushedintherush Tue 01-Apr-14 19:08:18

Thanks lovevintage.

Tbh I've been thinking of booking an appointment for him.

Last year he had testicular cancer, and it was treated quickly because he went to the gp straightaway, and I'm worried the cancer has re-appeared but in a different area iykwim.

I'll book him an appointment online tonight.

crushedintherush Tue 01-Apr-14 19:15:20

Thanks 3littlefrogs, sounds very much like what it could be, I'll get him to do a sample, too.

crushedintherush Tue 01-Apr-14 20:59:13

Oh, and now he's telling me he's been burping/belching a lot.

Can't say I can see any difference to normal grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now