Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

non blanching rash and vomiting

(13 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Mon 31-Mar-14 10:02:23

Hello all, I was sick twice last night seemingly out of nowhere and then was really shakey before falling asleep. I had a bit of a restless night and then I woke up this morning with a non blanching rash on my face. Needless to say I panicked a bit and called 111 who just said to call gp.
Do you always need to go to a and e with a non blanching rash? I'm not sure what to do.

Elibean Mon 31-Mar-14 11:41:57

Poor you, sounds horrid regardless of the panic part!

How is the rash now? have you called GP?

I think, if it was me, I'd assess how I feel (temp? Weak? Headache?) and talk to GP before deciding. Especially as there are lots of sick bugs around.

But if you start to feel worse, hot foot it (or 999 it), obviously.

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 31-Mar-14 12:03:46

I look bloody awful! I think I would probably be feeling a lot worse if it was meningitis but I've never had a non blanching rash before hence the panic. Called gp who is going to call me after surgery, when ever that might be :/

flow4 Mon 31-Mar-14 12:10:39

I think they try to discourage people from taking undiagnosed rashes to A&E, because of the infection risk, and I think very few adult rashes require hospitalisation. Your GP can probably identify the rash, and call an ambulance if it's one of the rare cases that might need you admitted to hospital. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon. smile

Orlando Mon 31-Mar-14 12:17:15

I'm not medically qualified AT ALL but my first thought is that you might have burst some little blood vessels in your face when being sick?

Orlando Mon 31-Mar-14 12:18:38

And meant to say - hope you feel better soon!

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 31-Mar-14 12:20:51

Gp just called, that is exactly what he said! Burst blood vessels from being sick. I am guessing that's what it is, panic over! He's coming in about an hour just to make sure anyway.

Orlando Mon 31-Mar-14 12:29:24

Glad he doesn't think it's anything sinister. Hope you can get a few hours sleep once he's been and that you feel lots better. Horrible thing to happen!

Piscivorous Mon 31-Mar-14 12:50:47

I was just coming on to suggest this as I have had this a few times. It is scary as you have lots of little red spots that don't blanch, mine just faded as bruises would, they darkened then went purple, then brown, then faded away.

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 31-Mar-14 14:36:51

Yeah I really panicked but I do that every time I get anything out of the ordinary looks like I am going to have to slap on the make up for a few days! Thanks for all the replies, good to hear its not just me!

YNK Mon 31-Mar-14 14:40:40

I had this - it turned out to be carbon monoxide poisoning. Still got it now even though the problem was fixed ages ago!
The GP was no help!

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 31-Mar-14 15:44:43

Gosh that's awful! I doubt I have that though as we have a carbon monoxide detector right next to our boiler smile

YNK Mon 31-Mar-14 16:32:55

Good owap!
I am disappointed in the GP because it was over the course of 2 winters and my children also had symptoms (dd'sw eardrum burst both times).
I even told her that all my houseplants died as well as 3 cats and our dog!
I was too poorly and befuddled to think clearly, so they said it was psychosomatic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now