Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in big toe (not gout) what could it be?

(4 Posts)
TheKnightsThatSayNee Sun 30-Mar-14 20:57:12

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and for around 2 weeks I've had an odd pain in my big toe. I don't know if I should bother the doctor as it seems so insignificant. Basically I get an extremely sharp pain (a bit like i have a metal splinter inside my toe) if I put pressure on it from the top. I do not get it from walking, there is no swelling, redness etc. it is very hard to induce the pain it normally happens when I'm getting into bed or putting my feet up on the sofa. I can't work out what it is. I wear very sensible shoes. Any ideas?

SergeantJarhead Mon 31-Mar-14 15:35:02

Is the nail or the nail bed tender? I used to cut my toenails too short because of an ingrowing toenail? That would almost definitely be red though :/ Can't think of what it could be, but couldn't read n run smile Hope someone with a brain comes along soon x

TheKnightsThatSayNee Mon 31-Mar-14 15:39:18

Thanks but no the pain is around the joint but not in the joint if that makes sense. I might just see if it gets worse/better it seems so minor to bother with a two hour wait in the gps a visit to the GP.

Matildathecat Mon 31-Mar-14 18:31:37

Could it be this ?

I had it and it was excruciating at times. GP said there was an op but it got better on it's own. I think I might have provoked it by wearing fit flops but anyway it did get better. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now