Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What in the bleeding hell is up with me?!

(15 Posts)
MoonshineWashingLine Sat 29-Mar-14 11:04:26

I have loads of "small" issues that when all piled together make my life miserable. My instinct tells me there is something underlying causing them all but I can't for life of me get doctors to listen. Nor can I figure it out myself.

I am moderately deaf, wear hearing aids, have tinnitus and meniers disease.
I get uti's regularly, my whole vaginal area is really sensitive, skin tears during sex, prone to thrush, sometimes have a sore ureathra for no apparent reason.
I have ibs, fissures, piles, stomach cramps.
I get strange hypersensitive patches of skin in various places on my body (feels like sunburn but no rash).
Post pregnancy I was in agony for over a year with suspected hypermobility, which has still not resolved itself (dd is 2 now) my joints clunk around all the time and my wrists are weak. Tiredness and stress make it worse (I am both of these at the moment which probably why I am typing this).
I get weird muscle twitches particularly at night or after exercise, mostly in my legs. I get weird hard lumps under my skin that kinda feel like frozen peas. I even get an odd sensation sometimes that feels like my hearing is over sensitive and loud noises hurt my ears and my head and, bizarrely, my teeth!
It is all just getting a bit much now. Can anyone help? I feel like a train wreck.

CoilRegret Sat 29-Mar-14 11:08:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoilRegret Sat 29-Mar-14 11:09:15

MoonshineWashingLine Sat 29-Mar-14 11:25:38

Am not on any contraception but have just been prescribed amytriptamine and canesten hc by the doc thus morning. Not picked them up yet so will see how that goes!

CoilRegret Sat 29-Mar-14 11:27:44

CoilRegret Sat 29-Mar-14 11:35:35

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 29-Mar-14 11:42:25

Long shot but maybe look at Ehlers-Danlos.

MoonshineWashingLine Sat 29-Mar-14 12:15:31

Hmm I might have to research that properly. At first glance it does sound similar! Then its just a case of convincing the docs...

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 29-Mar-14 15:04:14

I think that fibromyalgia might be another thing to look at too.
I hope you get answers that help you.

mercibucket Sat 29-Mar-14 16:51:17

full set of blood tests, could be something autoimmune? i have low thyroid, low iron, low vit d and get lots of weird symptoms

MoonshineWashingLine Sat 29-Mar-14 20:17:20

Just waiting for some blood results too. Don't know what they actually tested for though :/

flow4 Sat 29-Mar-14 21:02:33

A lot of what you describe sounds like hypermobility syndrome or ehler danlos. Look hypermobility.org for more details. They also have a FB page where they will post an anonymous question on your behalf, so you could ask whether anyone else has had similar symptoms.
Good luck with it.

flow4 Sat 29-Mar-14 21:10:36

Here's the Hypermobility Syndromes Association FB page.

LyndaCartersBigPants Sat 29-Mar-14 21:54:47

Have you had your thyroid checked? That fucks up just about everything, but can often be overlooked because they are all niggley little things, which on their own don't seem major, but add up to misery.

Whatever your blood test results are, do find out WHAT has been checked and what the levels and ranges are for all of them. It's easy to presume that your GP is on the ball and will check all the right things and diagnose you accordingly, but so often they don't.

I've had to self-diagnose 2 chronic illnesses which GPs were happy to ignore and deny until the evidence was under their noses. Sorry, I don't have a lot of respect for Drs after spending a year fighting for a diagnosis and medication which could ease all of my horrible symptoms.

Be your own advocate, get informed and don't be afraid to push for what you believe, although you may need to learn more diplomatic ways to do this than me if you want to remain popular!

MoonshineWashingLine Sun 30-Mar-14 15:59:09

Thanks folks, I will be asking lots of questions next time I see gp I reckon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now