Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had a cervical stitch left in after pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
imip Thu 27-Mar-14 14:08:06

I had my first smear test after the birth of my last child today (she's 2), and the nurse said that there is still of leot of cervical stitch left in place in my cervix!

I've had 4 stitches and 4 sections. They have always been removed during the section. They were supposed to have this time also, but it seems it is still in situ!

I'm a bit shocked as they are an arse to get out (first time I needed gas and air).

Anyone else been in this position?

imip Thu 27-Mar-14 14:09:15

I actually wanted to know if it need to be removed. I do think I want it removed as I'll be explaining that away for the rest of my life for every internal!

kazzawazzawoo Thu 27-Mar-14 18:58:01

sorry not sure if they have to come out. I had one, but it was removed three weeks before my daughter was due.

imip Thu 27-Mar-14 21:17:42

Thanks for responding...

My first stitch came out three weeks before dd1 was born. With dd2, 3 and 4 they came out during the c-section.

With dd3 (emcs), the surgeon panicked as she couldn't find the stitch and was really concerned. Spoke to my consultant post-birth who said it was fine, the stitches dissolved.

So, when the nurse today saw them today, t'was a bit of a shock. Just not sure I'm all that happy with something there that was not meant to be there permanently, iyswim.... I feel like at every smear I will be explaining the funny cervical stitch story!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now