Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast reduction - tips on hospital bag, recovery etc please!

(5 Posts)
basilbrush Thu 27-Mar-14 13:54:41

I am scheduled to have a breast reduction next month and after 20 years of umming and aahhing (I posted a thread on this last year) it's hard to believe it's all finally going ahead.

I would like practical advice about what to take to hospital and to aid recovery from ladies who have done the same -

I have two front fastening sports bras / arnica tablets 30c / bio oil (presuming I won't be using that till a few weeks later?)

My main worries are that I have 3 small children and while I will have help with them for the first 10 days after the op, after that it's back to normal. I'm presuming that even after 10 days, picking up my 2 year old for a cuddle will be out of the question?

Other worry (TMI) is that my period may well arrive the day of op (typical). Will I be up and about and walking within a couple of hours after surgery? I have heavy periods and am worried about getting into an icky mess because I can't get up and get to a bathroom...

Many thanks!

OldBagWantsNewBag Thu 27-Mar-14 14:20:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

petitdonkey Thu 27-Mar-14 14:25:42

Ditto Oldbag - drain removal was the worst part but I was driving the day after I left hospital and never had a problem with the children who were 3 and 1 at the time.

My only advice is don't get pregnant again after you do it which is what I did grin

I wore something like this post surgery as the dressings meant that I couldn't wear a bra straight away. (I think anyway, it was six years ago)

I am so glad I did it, my boobs were fab after I had it done and, despite a subsequent pregnancy, they are still way better now than they were.

OldBagWantsNewBag Thu 27-Mar-14 14:28:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

basilbrush Thu 27-Mar-14 16:11:26

Thank you, this is very useful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now