Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any gps around? Do I need to see my own gp, I've been ill for 5 weeks now:(

(4 Posts)
Lollyheart Wed 26-Mar-14 17:42:18

Think I have a chest infection.
Symptoms started 5 weeks ago with headache, temp , very achy body, tight chest, extream tiredness.
I coped ok with ibuprofen so thought I would get better without seeing my gp but 5 weeks later I'm still not well, coughing and blowing out greeny yellow mucus, so thought It was coming to the end of it, still sooo tired , no energy.
Will the gp give me antibs, don't really want to waste his time if he will say it'll soon pass.
Tia.

CoilRegret Wed 26-Mar-14 17:43:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CoilRegret Wed 26-Mar-14 17:43:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

telsa Wed 26-Mar-14 19:38:24

I had this and so did my partner, well similar symptoms and it would not begin to shift until we took antibiotics, powerful ones for lung infections. Still having treatment after 6 weeks of it. It say go to GO, also let me know what he or she diagnoses, as I still do not know what I had.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: