Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Found a small lump in my breast.

(4 Posts)
blueberryboybait Tue 25-Mar-14 11:05:29

I found a lump in my left breast a few weeks ago but wasn't worried as it was just before AF and though it might just be that. It is still there and I have started leaking clear fluid from my nipple too. Am only leaking from the one side.

I need to tell DH and get it checked don't I. I have no idea of family history as I don't know my mother and my father tells me nothing about his side of the family.

Lottie4 Tue 25-Mar-14 11:18:48

It could well be nothing, but you do need to get it checked out. Phone the doctors now and make an appointment. If you explain why they'll probably fit you in quite quickly (if you can make it). You can always ask to see a lady doctor if you prefer.

Spero Tue 25-Mar-14 11:22:06

I wouldn't worry about family history, it's more important that you get a scan/biopsy ASAP so they can rule out anything nasty. You should get an appointment fairly quickly - I got an appointment within a week and results a week later.

If it is cancer - and odds are it's not- the quicker the diagnosis, the quicker the intervention and the better the outcome for you.

malteserzz Tue 25-Mar-14 11:32:48

Get it checked out with the gp but don't be surprised if they refer you to the breast clinic. Doesn't mean that it is cancer but just that they won't be able to tell whether it is or not without scanning you. You should get an appointment within 2 weeks at the breast clinic. Chances are it's fine but always best to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now