Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cracked milk tooth.

(3 Posts)
Crikeyblimey Sun 23-Mar-14 20:23:35

So. Ds (11) has a molar that is wobbly molar (milk tooth) and it appears to have cracked along its length. He says its not bothering him but should I take him to the dentist or just wait till it comes out?

I work full time and am really really busy at work so it would be a massive bother to take time to go the the dentist but obviously don't want to be a crap mum by not taking him.

So - will it just fall out or should I be concerned?

Crikeyblimey Sun 23-Mar-14 20:25:09

Sorry - slightly 'wine with Sunday dinner' spelling up there.

kazzawazzawoo Mon 24-Mar-14 19:27:58

My youngest dd had this with 3 of her molars. The dentist has kept a close eye in them, but left them alone. He said it is probably due to the adult tooth underneath putting uneven pressure on the milk tooth. They all came out in bits (usually 4 bits per tooth), but now, 2 years later at the age of 12 they are all gone bar one tiny piece which is hanging on a tiny thread! The adult teeth have grown through fine.

I have three children and had never seen this in the other two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now