Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

pus from ear piercing

(5 Posts)
Polyethyl Sun 23-Mar-14 09:25:45

I have not worn earrings much since baby started to grab them. Yesterday, not wanting the holes to heal over I got out my plain gold studs, cleaned and boiled them and put them in. This morning there is a slight crust of pus. Google tells me that I should soak my ear in a salt solution. But I'm a bit baffled about how you do that. How do you stick the side of your head in a bowl of warm salt water without making a complete mess of spillages?

itsbetterthanabox Sun 23-Mar-14 09:41:53

Just press soaked cotton wool pads onto your piercings.

AnUnearthlyChild Sun 23-Mar-14 10:25:37

I make up a mug full and pour it slowly over my ear

Megbeth Sun 23-Mar-14 13:43:16

Hold a cup or bowl of warm salty water under the ear. Soak a cotton ball in the solution & squeeze over the hole. If the earring is still in try & gently turn it. Do the front & back of the hole. The cup or bowl will catch the drops of water.

RockinD Sun 23-Mar-14 15:18:43

Alternatively try hydrogen peroxide on cotton wool. That can be very effective in situations like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now