Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone else always get some sort of sickness when on their period?

(5 Posts)
charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Thu 20-Mar-14 15:18:51

Ever since I remember, I always seem to catch some sort of illness while I'm on my period. This month I have a head cold, last month it was gastroenteritis, for example.

Admittedly, the past 2 months have been particularly bad. But it's always something! Headaches, earache, diarrhoea, constipation, sniffles, gut ache, indigestion etc etc never just a "normal" period with "normal" period pain. Although I also get bad period pain to boot.

Anyone else have this? Is there anything I can do? I'm on the pill microgynon.

Artandco Thu 20-Mar-14 15:22:01

No idea. I'm on microgyon also and No side affects. Intake a few packs back to back also so only have maybe 4 a year

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Thu 20-Mar-14 15:29:07

Hiya thanks for replying. I don't think it's the pill as this was happening before I started taking contraception. I also sometimes carry on taking it without a break just so I don't have to suffer a period. But I get scared that it's bad to do this?

I wonder if any other form of contraception would help me?

Just pondering while I lie here in pain! [Sad]

digerd Thu 20-Mar-14 20:27:58

I can remember many moons ago, that every month I had my period I also caught a horrible cold. No contraceptive pill available for single women in the olden days. But when I did go on it later it was sheer bliss - no flooding and no period pains. The pills were stronger then than the current ones are .
You could ask to try a different pill. For many women the pill does alleviate period pains.
Good luck.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Thu 20-Mar-14 20:31:34

Hi digerd thanks for replying. Good to know I'm not the only one as it does seem like it sometimes. I have an apt with doc on Monday and will ask about alternative contraception while I'm there. God I hate periods!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now