Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

To think this cant possibly be an actual period

(7 Posts)
Muppetsbitch Wed 19-Mar-14 19:43:16

Am on cd 12 and have had a bleed this afternoon. It's more than spotting and is more red than pink but less than a period, so far anyway, and no pain or cramps, agin, so far.

I have a 26 day cycle. Lifestyle wise I have recently started quite a heavy exericise regime.

This is almost certainly ovulation, right? Its just its heavier than I have seen ovulation spotting described but its bang on time for it. I've never had o bleeding or spotting before.

For shallow and selfish reasons I really need this not to be my period.

HadABadDay2014 Wed 19-Mar-14 19:45:40

Any chance you could be pregnant

Muppetsbitch Wed 19-Mar-14 19:46:32

No chance I'm pregnant. Husband had vasectomy 4 years ago and not had sex with anyone else.

Cakecrumbsinmybra Wed 19-Mar-14 19:47:48

Mid cycle bleeding is v common, esp as you get older. But you might want to get any change checked out. How old are?

Muppetsbitch Wed 19-Mar-14 19:48:57

Cake I'm 38

Cakecrumbsinmybra Thu 20-Mar-14 13:15:32

Ive started spotting between periods in the last 6 months or so - I'm 38 too. It could just be a one of.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Mar-14 16:43:27

We're just going to move this to Health at the request of the OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now