Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prolapse been confirmed

(2 Posts)
Le1890 Wed 19-Mar-14 12:52:05

Ive just been to gp today and she has confirmed I have two small prolapsed. One is the bladder the other the bowel.

She says it can be managed by pelvic floor exercises and maybe a 'cone'???

I'm going to physio on 27th. I just want it sorted as I constantly feel pressure when walking, housework etc and pee is getting caught after I've been to the loo and dribbling a bit. Note mention the coughing leaking etc.

I'm 33 and had my second baby 11 months ago. Pretty traumatic, forceps, 3rd degree tear and then further surgery to treat an abscess on the perineum. Probably doesn't help that I'm about 4 stOnes overweight??

Anyone had experience of this?

LadyMaryLikesCake Wed 19-Mar-14 12:59:10

Hi smile

Do you know what a prolapse is? It's a weakening of the pelvic floor, which is the muscle which goes under your fanjo etc to keep them all hoiked up. Pelvic floor exercises (and lots of them) will 'exercise' the muscle, so clench... hold... 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... and release slowly, as much as you can. Your GP can refer you to a continence nurse (she's great at pelvic floor exercises and will check that you're doing them properly, I've no idea how) if you want.

A cone just holds things up but I don't know too much about this, then there's surgery but that's a bit of a drastic option if the exercises will help. It's very common after a birth, getting older also weakens the muscle so you're not alone.

Keep clenching! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now