Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DEPO injection and side effects

(7 Posts)
Blossomflowers Wed 19-Mar-14 11:17:11

I have recently had my first DEPO injection and have experienced extreme bleeding after Sex now seem to have constant light period. I did have another thread about bleeding and have been checked out @ GP, Am now thinking the DEPO is too blame. Oh and have come out in spots I am mid 40's ffs. Does anyone had something like this will it settle down.?

NurseyWursey Wed 19-Mar-14 11:18:25

I had the same problems with my first depo injection, by the time I had my second it all settled down so it is worth persevering!

Blossomflowers Wed 19-Mar-14 11:22:15

Thanks nursey Nurse told me to carry on as normal re sex but it is all a bit yuk, I was worried about it being polyps but she could see nothing booked in the smear next week to check all.

Doshusallie Wed 19-Mar-14 11:28:00

It is worth persevering - I have been on it for years - never have periods, or PMT. And I didn't gain weight on it either.

I have been on it so long though they are now saying I have to come off it and have an implant or something else, as extended usage can lead to osteoporosis. Gutted.

Blossomflowers Wed 19-Mar-14 11:38:18

dosh I glad you had no weight gain. had seen many people blaming it for putting on loads is weight, which has worried me. Did it take a while to settle for you?

NurseyWursey Wed 19-Mar-14 11:43:33

Ah blossom I agree, very yuck!

I hope it settles for you, I'm on the implant now because I started on the injection when I was 16 so didn't want it for too long

Blossomflowers Wed 19-Mar-14 12:49:14

Especially bad as new partner [blush} came as a surprise, wish it would just stop now grrr. They do not warn you about this, or maybe I am unusual

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now