Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bowel problems since childbirth :( help me please :(

(6 Posts)
kayleigh2304 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:45:42

This is really embarrassing so please don't laugh! Nearly 11 months ago I gave birth, there were problems so I ended up going to theatre for rotational forceps, the doctor ripped me accidently I also got cut.
since that day I go the toilet about 3 times a week, an when I do it is so hard its absolute agony! I get piles so that like completely blocks me amd stops me going. I eat healthy, and been on 3 different types of laxatives nothing works! Currently waiting for the doctor because I am in that much pain! Has anyone else had this? Im thinking something could have happened having the baby or its more serious, I have also been bleeding like a period for a week when it usually lasts 3 days, my mum was my age when she had stage 2 cervical cancer, but I'm too young for a test, could CC affect bowel movements??
Thanks and sorry in advance as this is not the nicest post to read, I'm just scared and embarrassed I only told my mum about it today!

kayleigh2304 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:46:21

Ment to say 3 times a month, I wish it was 3 times a week haha

Littlefish Tue 18-Mar-14 21:49:16

A prolapse can affect bowel movements - google posterior prolapse and see if any of the symptoms sound familiar.

Which laxatives are you currently taking?

kayleigh2304 Tue 18-Mar-14 23:34:26

Hi thanks for replying smile currently taking bisacodyl they dont work though, I will google that now thanks alot! the doctor fobbed me off so going the hospital tomorroe and wont move untill iI'm sorted out

For instant relief, go to Boots and buy some glycerine suppositories...you don't even have to ask, they are with other laxatives on the shelves. Insert (dampened is best) lie on your left side with a hot drink and you will poo within 10 mins.. might be a dash to the loo!

Long term, Movicol is great... ask GP or buy a box in Boots over the counter.

Post 4 children I have next to zero natural bowel movement.. hence 15 years of the above keep me going.. I have a mild bowel prolapse and it gets in the way, plus I have lost sensation.

But DO keep going back to the GP and ask for a referral!!!

Littlefish Wed 19-Mar-14 12:06:01

I agree with medusa re. Moviol/laxido if you are taking anything long term.
Also, I know if sounds obvious! but make sure you are drinking plenty of water, particularly if you have a fibre Rich diet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now