Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

question re: pain relief and cfs/me

(4 Posts)
missisboot Tue 18-Mar-14 21:42:49

I've been taking 10 mg nortriptyline daily for the last month which has made a huge difference to managing the pain.

I can now generally move without being in complete agony and it's only if I've overdone it that o start to feel joint pain.

I'm just waiting for a appt to come through from the local cfs service so am just winging it re:managing the symptoms until I get an appt.

What I was interested in was whether I just stay on the medication forever now? Or do I come off it wheb I think im feeling 'better'?

paragirl1981 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:47:23

I have fibromyalgia and take amitriptyline 10mg, it was a wonder drug to start with and I actually started feeling normal again! Then I stopped taking it and within a week I was in agony again and have never really recovered. I now take 30mg as well as other strong painkillers.

missisboot Tue 18-Mar-14 21:55:51

Ok - that's a warning to not stop taking it. Sorry to hear that you've been unwell. I had an allergic reaction to naproxen so the gp said to top up with paracetamol or nurofen if needed. The naproxen didn't really do much for the pain.

paragirl1981 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:57:30

I take naproxen and seem to get on alright with it. I also take tramadol and paracetamol. I still get loads of pain though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now