Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thread veins

(3 Posts)
Seaoftroubles Tue 18-Mar-14 15:52:26

Has anyone had treatment for thread veins on their legs? I have a large cluster of them on one shin,looks like a have a permanent bruise.If so, what procedure was used and was it successful?

Summerdaydreams Tue 18-Mar-14 21:00:31

Mum and grandmother have/had horrendous thread veins and I am getting more and more. After nagging from my mum 'you don't want legs like mine !' I spoke to GP. She said it is a no no on the NHS because it is purely cosmetic and also they just come back over time, so is not seen as cost effective.
But I would be interested to hear of people's experiences who have had treatment - so watching with interest.

Seaoftroubles Wed 19-Mar-14 18:35:04

Me too Summer-am surprised that not more people have had treatment whether on the NHS or Private..perhaps I should post in Style and Beauty as I suppose it is considered to be more of a cosmetic procedure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now