Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Mum has some faecal incontinence can only find suitable pads in America

(4 Posts)
sweetiepie1979 Sun 16-Mar-14 10:50:09

My mum is 70 lately she has some faecal incontinence which is really upsetting her. They did an examination. And seems that it I'd due to childbirth, she had a very bad tear the first time and went on to have 3 more children after that. She is still active and keeps herself very beautiful so I'd like to help her and but her some comfortable pads while she works on building the muscles up. I've found a sort of butterfly shaped pad online nut looks like it is only available in America. Does anyone know a discreet comfortable pad I can get here in the UK? Is it possible to fix the problem at her age?

Matildathecat Sun 16-Mar-14 10:53:48

Your local health team should have a continence advisor. Ask at the GP surgery or ring the health authority or whatever they call themselves these days.

sweetiepie1979 Tue 18-Mar-14 12:53:46

We live in different cities. She doesn't want to use the term incontinence. Really just looking for advice in pads etc. Thanks

AmericasTorturedBrow Tue 18-Mar-14 13:17:41

I live inAmerica - PM me, let me see if I can get some sent over, or, if you want wait, I'm coming back for a visit in the summer and could bring some with me?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: