Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Life after a heart attack. Much different?

(2 Posts)
stripeylion3 Fri 14-Mar-14 21:51:36

Hi my Mum suffered a big heart attack recently due to a bleed on a vessel after a plaque shift which caused a clot.

She is a very healthy almost 64 year old ED nurse and this has caused a great shock in the family.

The outcome is no blockages, no damage and a good prognosis although she is now on a lot of long term medication.

Her sister suffered a mild heart attack a few years ago and told me quietly that once this happens you are never the same again. As a person.

I appreciate that there is a lot of shock and adjusting to medication and a slowing down a bit of lifestyle pace but do many other things change as well?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Fri 14-Mar-14 23:45:45

I don't agree. My dad had a cardiac arrest and was v lucky to survive. He had about 6-12 months of depression and adjustment afterwards, and was then perfectly fine. That was 10 years ago! Good luck- she'll be ok!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: