Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Life after a heart attack. Much different?

(2 Posts)
stripeylion3 Fri 14-Mar-14 21:51:36

Hi my Mum suffered a big heart attack recently due to a bleed on a vessel after a plaque shift which caused a clot.

She is a very healthy almost 64 year old ED nurse and this has caused a great shock in the family.

The outcome is no blockages, no damage and a good prognosis although she is now on a lot of long term medication.

Her sister suffered a mild heart attack a few years ago and told me quietly that once this happens you are never the same again. As a person.

I appreciate that there is a lot of shock and adjusting to medication and a slowing down a bit of lifestyle pace but do many other things change as well?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, thanks.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Fri 14-Mar-14 23:45:45

I don't agree. My dad had a cardiac arrest and was v lucky to survive. He had about 6-12 months of depression and adjustment afterwards, and was then perfectly fine. That was 10 years ago! Good luck- she'll be ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now